Everyone knows that laughter is healthy for hearts and well-being, and prolongs life. Positive emotions give joy and happiness. But is it so easy to write funny, humorous books? How do you define happiness?
The Book club members tried to answer these questions at today meeting dedicated to the 1st of April "Day of Laughter".
They met at Caramel cafe, ate delicious desserts and made the books list that make them smile and believe that everything will be fine:
- "The Temptation to Be Happy" by Lorenzo Marone;
- "A neve ferma" by Stefania Bertola (only in Italian available);
- "The rivers of London" by Ben Aaronovitch;
- "Notes of Feminist" by Aleksandr Zantovich (only in Russian available);
- all books by Olga Savelieva (only in Russian available);
- "Monday Starts On Saturday" and "Roadside picnic" by Arkady Strugatsky;
- "The twelve chairs" by Ilf and Petrov;
- all novels by Jane Austen;
- short stories by O. Henry; .
- "Carry on, Jeeves" ( also on series "Jeeves and Wooster") by P.G. Wodehouse.
The Book club members concluded their meeting taking a few photos in front of an amazing mural, devoted to the books.