Series of events in support of Ukraine: silent auction.
During the period of February 15th to 24th, the International Women's Club Moldova, with the support of the Ukrainian Embassy in Chișinău, will host a series of events to mark 2 years since Russia's aggression towards Ukraine. The purpose of these events is to support an orphanage relocated from the city of Mariupol to Zakarpattia region, Ukraine, where there are currently 17 children relocated..
The list of events:
- February 15 – Meeting of local and international institutions that offer support to refugees in Moldova, organized by UNCHR, Mediacor/ 9:30 am.
- February 20 – Offering prizes by the Timpul magazine for the artists that support Ukraine, Digital park/ 18:00 pm.
- February 21 – VR exhibition, War Up Close at the Chisinau Museum, 60A A. Mateevici street / 15:00 pm.
- February 22 - Exhibition of church icons painted on military boxes by 2 ukrainian artists, event organized by the Polish Institute of Bucharest, with participation of the Ukrainian Embassy in Moldova / starting at 2:00 p.m.
- February 23 – ”Two years of united path” event, organized by Moldova for Peace, Moldova film/ 12:00.
- February 23 – Presentation of the movie: Twenty days in Mariupol. Location: TBC.
- February 24 – ”The heart keeps beating” event, organized by the Ukrainian National Congress in Moldova, with the participation of the Ukrainian Embassy in Moldova, Mediacor/ 12:00.
Funds are being collected by the International Women's Club Moldova and will be directly transferred to the orphanage at the end of the fundraising campaign in late February.
Through this event, we aim to stand in solidarity with the people's suffering and make a direct change for some of the children who lack close relatives or family to comfort them.
The "Ark of Peace" orphanage was founded in 2016 near the city of Mariupol, Ukraine, to help children affected by the conflict. Led by dedicated individuals like Vladimir and Oksana Zavadsky, the center provided a safe haven for children amidst the turmoil of war. Operating with Christin vision and in collaboration with volunteers, the center offered various activities and support services for children, including educational programs, recreational activities, and psychological counseling. Despite challenges such as the escalation of conflict in 2022, the "Ark of Peace" team continued their mission, relocating to Zakarpattia, Ukraine, where they continue to provide care for orphaned children.
IWCM invites you to join our efforts to support the "Ark of Peace" orphanage. By participating in our fundraising events and browsing the silent auction catalog on our website, you can make a significant difference in the lives of these children affected by conflict. Let's unite to offer hope and support to those who need it most.
In the period of 15 – 22 february, the lots for the silent auction can be seen at the Museum of History of Moldova, ground floor, free entry. You can transfer any amount as a donation with the note "for Ukraine" to the account below, even a donation of:
- 10 euros could provide food for an orphaned child for an entire day,
- 20 euros could cover the hygiene products needed for a child throughout a month,
- 30 euros could help purchase new and warm clothes for a child.
Any donated amount will be extremely valuable. Additionally, those willing to participate in the auction can select an art object from the list, for the proposed minimum amount next to each object. To reserve a lot from the auction list below, please contact us by calling +373 69619954 and transferring the donation to the account below:
The International Women’s Club of Moldova (IWCM)
str. Arborilor, 21, Chișinău, Republica Moldova
BC ”OTP BANK” S.A .